Thursday, November 3, 2011

Um, no.

So I already posted today but have some further thoughts, which, if you know me, means I can't keep them to my damn self. The baby is now vertex- in a one week time span he went from vertex, to transverse breech, to footling breech, to back to vertex, but on the left not the right. I would like to keep it that way, and get the delivery I really want, not the logical, practical, plan-ahead-type-A-control-freak delivery I have scheduled. I decided to do a little research, which is really just now referred to as "googling" (on a side note- when I ask my kids to research at school I often get a blank stare, until I replace that unknown verb with "google"). Some of what I found was totally good for a giggle or two (alright a couple were almost pee-your-pants inducing- who is going to have a romantic romp at 38 weeks pregnant? HA).

My favorites from the list...

1. Balsamic vinegar (clearly doesn't work- I'm a foodie, thus balsamic is part of my daily repertoire, and guess what? Still pregnant)
2. Basil or oregano.
3. Eggplant Parmigiana- at this point in the list I am thinking why are the Italians having all the fun with this? Why don't matzo balls bring on labor? Or lox? A lovely chopped liver? Even Gefilte fish for goodness sake!
4. Bouncing, galloping, jumping, dancing, rocking, and seventeen other synonyms for shaking the baby out. Haven't these people heard of shaken baby syndrome? That's BAD! Don't shake the baby! And they would make me pee. Bouncing=puddle.
5. Evening primrose oil-  "Can be taken orally from 35 weeks and used internally (good idea to do this at night and use a panty liner) from 38 weeks. It's meant to soften the cervix" Um. BIG FAT NO. That's just grody.
6. Booze. Again, contraindicated during pregnancy, which is really too bad because is the only appealing one. 
7. Walking. Don't call it walking, call it what it really is, waddling. And yes, I was a penguin for Halloween. 
8. Yoga, pilates, and a whole heap of other exercise type techniques. Duh. Refer to #7. 
9. Teas made out of a variety of twigs, sticks, berries, and probably dirt. Or raccoon dung. Or something else absolutely insanely disgusting that I am sure native people have been using since the dawn of time. It clearly doesn't work, because we have had to add more crap to the list of ways to induce labor. 


Basically, none of these appeal to me at all. Except the Italian smorgasboard. I guess I'm going to Wegman's today. Shocker. I haven't given up though, I'll keep researching until I find the genius OB who recommends shopping online, eating Ben & Jerry's, and Facebooking as a way to induce labor. Then I am totally onboard!

No comments:

Post a Comment