Monday, November 7, 2011

Pants

My two year old won’t wear his pants. He hates them. Pajama pants? No problem! Taking them off in the morning to put on real pants? Oh hell no. Wails of “pants” echo off the walls, an endless cacophony of toddler hysteria. Really, they are freaking pants! And they are CUTE! He would NOT put on his skinny jeans this morning, wanted nothing to do with them. I tried to explain that they were stylish, and what all the little boys were wearing, but there is just no reasoning with a two year old. Come on! When does this rational thought kick in? Long tantrum ensues- Mr. M:1. Mommy: -3,476. Needless to say he waltzed into daycare wearing normal blue jeans, which he picked out himself. I was sort of mortified, but really, it totally doesn’t matter. I’ve been trying to embrace casual wear for the two year set, but clearly, I need further interventions.As soon as we get home in the afternoon, his pants are gone. They were the first piece of clothing he learned how to ditch. I’m just waiting for that note to come home from daycare. “Your son repeatedly takes off his pants.” With a background in behavioral analysis, I actually stopped to think about why he wasn’t wearing pants. 

Well crap. It’s my fault. AGAIN. Add that to the list of the many ways I am ruining my son’s life!!! I am 38 weeks pregnant. What kind of clothes are comfortable? NONE. As soon as we walk in the door in the afternoon, my pants are history too. They lay in a heap by the door until I need to put them on again, which is typically the next morning. My husband is used to it by now, and just shakes his head. Pants hurt! Those stretchy panels squeeze my belly and that HURTS! I want them OFF immediately. At this stage of the game, I have graduated to muumuus. And yes, that is spelled correctly. I googled it. 

Bottom line, pants are overrated.

No comments:

Post a Comment