Thursday, November 3, 2011

Almost There!

So today the realization has struck that I have less than three weeks left of being a mother of one. Probably less than three weeks left of being pregnant, ever, unless I magically win the lottery or free daycare for life! It's an odd realization, accepting that my life is going to change AGAIN completely. My mama friends have been adding seconds to their broods over the past few months, and they seem to be doing fabulously! It makes me think, hey, I can do that!!! Ever the list maker, I do have some goals for my nine-ish weeks of maternity leave.

1. Clean the damn floors. With an actual sponge. On my hands and knees.
2. Have a baby, and take pictures. I've been a delinquent photojournalist recently. (maybe this should be first? No, definitely the floors need to be first!!!)
3.. Get a head start on Jameson's year one scrapbook.
4. Take a nap, at least once.
5. Break the addiction I have to Wegman's sticky buns.
6. Break my addiction to Wegman's in general. Or not. Really, who is it hurting?
7. Hang out with the mamas that I never get to see because work gets in the way.
8. Organize the pantry- using my handy dandy iPhone of course! (there's an app for that, obviously)
9. Go on a hot date with Miles, to see Sesame Street Live! where I will be subjects to wails of "Melmo!! Melmo!!!!", which sounds suspiciously like "mama" these days. Hmm, one and the same? I guess I need to shave my legs.
10. Install the attic flooring, hang pictures in the office, dust the heaters, and other domestic things that I will put off until the LAST day of mat leave.
11. Most importantly, revel in mommyhood.

Surely I'll get at least two things done. Hopefully that nap one, and totally that baby thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment