Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Let's be real here...

There are so many things I am thankful for, but really? These are the things I think about pretty freaking regularly. They aren't necessarily traditional blessings, but, eh, who are we kidding?

1. I have never had to lie about a baby's cuteness to a new mom. Apparently, every single person I know creates beautiful creatures.
2. I have an amazing colorist. I don't even have to think about my hair, just pay for it. And yes, I am thankful that I can afford a colorist!
3. My mom is hot. She looks like she's 45, tops. That makes me feel younger than I am. And no, I am NOT jealous of her hotness. Perhaps her wardrobe, but she does share. Well, sort of. I inherit.
4. I am really good at pretending to be sick. This comes in handy that one day in a blue moon that I REALLY need a mental health day.
5. I have discovered Jurlique Herbal Recovery Gel. It makes me look like I slept for twelve hours on a satin pillowcase. Actually, my mom thrust it into my hands after taking a  gander at my postpartum pallor.
6. I can type pretty quickly, which frequently makes me look industrious when I am camped out in Starbucks when the power goes out; in reality I am on Facebook or answering ridiculous questions for Cha Cha, for a whopping one-hundreth of a penny.
7. Wegman's. They just make good food. I like the people that work there, and I get to eat breakfast in silence while my child plays with the train table.
8. My toes. I have pretty nice toes. Now that I can reach them again I will have to return to painting them myself, or not. I really like a good pedicure every once in a while.
9. I am incredibly lucky to have DVR. I never have to miss an episode of any of the ridiculous shows that I seemingly can't live without!
10. I'm pretty good with a makeup brush- I can create a smoky eye on myself WITHOUT going to the makeup counter and pretending that I am interested in buying a whole new look for myself!
11. What I am most thankful about these days though, which is TERRIBLE? It's coffee. Pumpkin Spice to be exact. Until they invent a Mint Mocha Coffee, it's my favorite. These days I really need it too. I can't believe that coffee is so important in my life. Now that's freaking sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment