Monday, November 21, 2011

Blessings in a blog...

So it's the month to be thankful around here... Thanksgiving; friendly, happy status' across the 'book; recognizing all we have in our lives- I can handle that. I totally can't handle remembering to do it every day though- life gets too crazy, way too fast. Showering regularly has become a feat so I figured I would sit and come up with things that I am thankful for, but all at once.
1. Dark Chocolate Dipped Marshmallows, preferably peppermint or coconut.
2. SLJ- that girl, my fellow logger and frequent partner in crime. Perhaps the only existing witness of some of my most spectacular late night debacles as well. Ahhhh, college!
3. Baby monitors that light up- so you can turn off the sound during endless nights of sleep training. Sucks, but it works!
4. Having my husband work in foods- I always know that something yummy can be for dinner- it's just a phone call away! Perfect for the many nights when there is just no way I am going to get it together to create something halfway edible!
5. Obviously, my mom. She's freaking incredible, people! Lovely and fabulous in every way. She's also a kick ass tennis player and has the BEST sense of style of anyone I've ever known. That and she raised me, which totally wasn't easy, I am sure.
6. My hair. Every time it looks good, my mom gets upset and says "That's the hair I've always wanted!!!" and I look at her and say "That's the body I've always wanted!". Then we say bad words and giggle.
7. Amazing colorists. Specifically, my colorist. And no, I am not telling. Well, I guess I would as long as I can always still get an appointment! Ones that you can just say, "oh, do whatever you think will look best" and know that I will walk out looking like a million bucks.
8. Janie & Jack. Enough said.
9. Zulily and Totsy. I can shop to my heart's content and be thrilled about how much I am saving but actually buy nothing, and just close out the box.
10. My dad. He's so freaking smart it's ridiculous. We changed a side view mirror, straight up. He can also quote a study for just about every conversation, which is pretty handy. Then I can wind up looking smart the next day when I simply regurgitate everything he said.
11. Showering. A day that I can do that without an audience is pretty awesome. Using a body scrub? Even better.
12. A Place on Earth in Cape May, NJ. They make the world's best sugar body scrub. I'm partial to the lavender lemongrass.
13. Katie Lee. She's my oldest and dearest.
14. Having amazing friends who are also clinicians. They can always help you either rationalize your insane behavior, or drag your ass to their colleagues' office so that you can fix it.
15. Sticky buns, from both Wegman's and Ellie's Bakery in West Cape May, NJ.
16. My dear friends gin and tonic. Especially if it's Tanqueray, with the fancy lime already in it.
17. Curriculum maps- they make me look pretty damn organized and keep me totally on track.
18. Burt's Bees. You all know why. Show me a mama purse without it.
19. My first born, Mr. M. There isn't anything I don't adore about that boy- except maybe the excessive screaming and the hair pulling. Those kind of suck.
20. Cape May- it's the happiest place on earth next to the actual happiest place on earth. The beaches are amazing and it brings such a sense of calm to my life.
21. Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Team Umizoomi, Berenstain Bears, Caillou, Barney, Thomas, and Chuggington. Thirty minutes of silence. Very thankful.
22. Dougie Fresh- he loves me just the way I am, or at least does a damn good job convincing me of it! Oh, and he also decided to ditch that Movember shit and shave his 'stache.
23. Danskos. Yeah they are hideously ugly but I couldn't live without them. If they are shiny? Double score.
24. Mothers & Company. Yeah, it's a store, but really, where would I be without it? Where do you think I found all of my people??
25. The end button on a phone. So I can hang up when people are running their mouths and treating me with a complete lack of respect.
26. Sweet little nugget, baby J- he's such a beautiful baby and that smile? Or gas? Melts me... now if he could sleep at night and not ALL DAY?
27. My mamas. See previous blog post for further clarification.
28. Quinnie- she just knows me. Being with her is easy. Easy is good. Friends are lovely.
29. Walt Disney World. It's the best. ALL THE TIME.
30. That November only has thirty days.

CRAP! Did I forget Wegmans?

No comments:

Post a Comment