Thursday, December 1, 2011

Epic Mothering Fails, Chapter One

So today I took my newborn to do a photo shoot with an incredibly talented baby photographer. Luckily, she's also incredible generous, as I arrived with no diaper bag. That means no bottle, no formula, no diapers, no clothes. Thank goodness the photographer (who is ridiculously talented- no joke!!!) took pity on a new mama and shared both diapers and formula with me! My child thanks you! He did a pretty good job- totally has the pouty thing down. This was just the first in Epic Mothering Fails. I have already gone to the pediatrician with no diapers, the mall with no bottle, and numerous other things. Tonight was a shit show as well- a toddler who didn't nap and is cutting molars. It's ugly. He had a dinner of champions- cheetos, freezer pop, applesauce, cheese, and yogurt. Oh, and dried cherries. I'm sure I will pay tomorrow with a crazy diaper. Then I tried to bath said toddler while three week old "napped" in the bouncy chair in the bathroom. After I changed from being showered with water, and changed the three week old from his "tubby" (big brother likes to help!) I got to wrestle big boy into pajamas, and I mean wrestle. It was ugly with a capital U. Finally shod in jammies I thought I was in the clear. Snort. I can rock two squally boys but getting Mr. M down into his crib without dropping someone? Oy. Screamfest part two. I finally had to cut my losses and let sleep training mode take over. A very wise mama told me that the crying will stop eventually which it thankfully did. On to feeding a very hungry infant. Well, you know that lovely feeling of warm puke cascading down your shirt into your bra? No? Well, you are missing out. Now there's puke on the rug, and I still have a pissed off infant!

At least I have the number for a good therapist, my kids will need it!

No comments:

Post a Comment