Wednesday, December 28, 2011

SAHM's are SAINTS.

It's totally been way too long between posts, but I've got to tell, you it should be no shock- holidays are brutal for everyone, especially families. There is just so much to get done. This was my first time hosting Christmas so of course I had to go all Martha Stewart and prepare elaborate meals, buy fine china (at Marshall's, of course), and sew reversible holiday napkins. I mean, really, it's not a holiday table without handmade napkins. Sheesh. We also hosted a Hannukah dinner too, and I attempted latkes for the first time from scratch. Thank god for the sour cream and applesauce, sort of a fail. The brisket was edible though, and who doesn't like coconut cake? I have washed more dishes in one week than I think I have my entire life. It was great though, and well worth it. The REAL issue around here is the lack of daycare. Don't get me wrong, Daycare Dawnie TOTALLY deserves a week off, she's freaking amazing, but I have always been in Florida for Christmas so I never even thought daycare would be closed. As in, I suddenly have two kids ALL DAY LONG. What the hell am I supposed to do with both of them? Bubba is a real life Stewie- "mom, mama, mommy, mamma, mother, honey, hey honey, HEATHER!" and it's never ending. How many freaking train bridges does one kid need made? I ran to buy bottle liners today and came home ten minutes later to find him eating dog food and giggling while daddy dealt with Shrimpy. Oy. At least that's protein, right? Bottom line, the days are frenetic- daddy is working crazy hours, and there are TWO KIDS that need stuff. At least Shrimp can't move. It's crazy. I feel like a spinning top- wash the bottles, fill the bottles, feed the bottles, repeat. Again and again. The changing table is a freaking revolving door of poopy diapers. The dog is even getting in on the action. How am I supposed to finish sewing 89 bibs for no one to wear at this rate? Let alone paint my toenails! I mean, I have to go to Wegman's tomorrow. Gotta look my best. I don't know how stay at home moms do it. How on earth do you get things done, let alone breathe? They're the real heroes in this world. Crazy jealous of their skills. I need to clone myself as an octopus if I am ever going to take on that challenge.

Stay at home moms are SAINTS. I am not at all surprised at the rash of alcoholic soccer moms. I'd drink too.

2 comments:

  1. To get the house cleanish, and be mental prepaired to cook latkes and host a large group, 5 more kids and 4 more adults for dinner. I hired a mothers helper for three hours today. the best $3 dollars i scrounged up from all over the house in a long time. Also a bottle of wine helps too. Once you get into the swing of things it gets easier...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You learn to let A lOT of things just slide by....

    ReplyDelete