Saturday, December 3, 2011

Not so smart...

So Saturdays are lots of fun for a lot of families- especially those with a stay at home mom- traditionally, it's when daddies return and moms get a bit of a break. My hubs works all day Saturday which always made for a long day, with ONE child. Now, with two, they are a rare form of torture. Literally, today I kept emptying a bag on candy onto the floor for Bubba to keep vacuuming up (I can't wait until his own vacuum arrives in the mail- I am sick of sharing!) Why did I have candy? Because I figured that making gingerbread houses (and trains) would be fun! Which is was. Really, really sticky however, and it didn't capture the toddler attention span for as long as I thought it would! I tried to go to BJ's thinking that they have the car shopping carts which would buy me at least twenty-four minutes to shop. Well, they were all in use. So that was a major fail. Back in the car and attempt mom's best friend, the car nap. This SHOULD have worked as Bubba slept maybe a total of four minutes last night due to his stuffy nose. Again, I was killing the environment a gallon at a time for him to giggle and narrate our drive. TRUCK! TREE! TRUCK! Repeat. Shrimp slept, of course (babies are so freaking easy- it's the toddlers that require astounding levels of patience, creativity, and medication-for mommy)! I have finally thrown in the towel- Nick Jr. will remain on until tubby time.

It's only three hours and thirty two minutes away.

No comments:

Post a Comment