Friday, December 16, 2011

Cleaning fairies...

My house is spotless. Unbelievably spotless. There are no crumbs in the toaster oven. The microwave is sparkling. My stainless steel refrigerator has no fingerprints, nor does my glass slider. Did the house elves visit? Has Dobby taken up residence under my couch with the dust bunnies and old crackers? Nope, I broke down and hired a cleaning fairy. A deep clean today, and then bathrooms and the kitchen once a month. It might just be the best money I have ever spent. EVER. Some things I learned? There are socks hiding under every single piece of furniture. She found 27 socks. We counted. They were all clean thankfully, but where the hell did they come from? Are they even ours? Probably. My hubby loves crew socks. A lot. I counted once and stopped at 400 individual white socks. It's an addiction. I'm ok with it because I use them for cleaning (which I obviously don't ever do- so his sock collection is safe)! I wear them when I wash the kitchen floor, which I actually try to do fairly regularly. I have a steam mop and that's kind of fun. I should start making sock animals and sell them on Etsy. Knowing me, they would wind up on Regretsy. Oh, I also learned that bleach fumes give me a headache. It's worth it though. I came home from daycare pick up and marveled at the gleaming countertops, and tile floor (which is a totally different color than I thought it was) and thought, so this is how clean people live! I vowed to keep it beautiful, and actually took a video so I could compare later. Well, it worked. For thirteen seconds. Just long enough for Bubba to find an opened box of crackers in the pantry. You know, the buttery kind that break into five million crumbs with every bite? Yup. Those. The dog helped. Crumbs galore. And I think I saw a sticky fingerprint on the freezer door.

And the bathrooms? My toilet paper even got folded into that cool triangle thingy. Bubba discovered that, and promptly dashed into the bathrooms exclaiming "TRIANG!!!" at the top of his lungs. It's the little things.

No comments:

Post a Comment