Wednesday, June 12, 2013

I am a selfish bitch.

OK, so my kiddo has tonsils that could eat Manhattan. His adenoids are massive- I kept telling him it was the wrong set of balls to be growing, but he didn't listen. And here I am, his mama, the woman who gave birth to him, and created all these issues in utero, being glad his surgery isn't until after vacation.

Yup, I admit it. His surgery date is July 17th. Solidly in the middle of the month. The next two weeks will BITE. That's summer school though, and there isn't anything fun going on. Yup I am that mom. Totally relieved that we can still celebrate July 4th on the Jersey Shore with my family and best friend. Relieved as hell that it won't take up any of the non-existent sick days I have left (yeah, I actually have .67 sick days left- damn eardrum ruptures!!!). Completely unexcited that our July trip to the beach is probably out (just a hunch that salt water and chlorine are out for a 15 day post-op 20 month old) but REALLY psyched that the August retreat should remain unscathed.

I am horrible. I'm that woman, who secretly is thrilled that her personal needs will still be met. Feel free to call me a bitch, because it isn't anything I am not calling myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment