Friday, June 14, 2013

Back to selfishness...

So I was raw last night. This morning I am back to selfish old me! Rejoice! No more feelings emanating! Does anyone remember being a wee baby? Probably not- we'd spend too much time in therapy. I know that I used to go on car trips in a playpen in the back of a station wagon. Forget car seats. Now, it's rear facing until at least two, because we just know better. Science and technology have come a long way. Babies sleep on their backs. We don't frolic with asbestos (or maybe you do- but if so, you're on the crazy train!) because we have more information on the dangers that exist. Then there's our household products. I have always HATED bleach because of the smell and the headache I would get. I switched to vinegar based cleansers after I found out my beloved Biokleen wasn't as clean as it pretended to be. I get headaches- scents usually push me over the edge. And then, I discovered that I could have the best of both worlds. Crunchy, happy products that don't send my already airway-compromised toddler into fits (surgery July 17th!) and that smell super yummy. Yes, I have drunk from the fountain of kool aid that is non-toxic personal care products- Ava Anderson. I had a party. I bought stuff. I used stuff. I fell in love with a stripper perfume oil. I wore it for a week. AND I DIDN'T GET A HEADACHE. Sold. In love. J hasn't had a crazy breathing episode. My daycare provider said I smelled like marshmallows and rainbows. That's when I knew- I had to sell this stuff. Mainly because I want MORE and don't want to pay retail. Then I started researching, and found articles like this. Holy shit. I know a ton of wonderful women who have struggled with infertility- to think that body products like sunblock could be affecting them now? CRAY CRAY. So I am officially a crunchy body product junkie. Feel free to love me here and spend your money on lovely pretty yummy things here.

Don't worry. I still drink cheap boxed wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment