Sunday, March 5, 2017

WOW. Here's an eye opener for ya...

I have been super dedicated this week- got my water in (135 ounces a day, at the least- until today- Sunday may be my kryptonite with water), monitored calories using the My Fitness Pal app, and have not lost an ounce. It's coming, I know it is. I also haven't gained any weight- which brings me to my point. While I didn't get all of my water in today I ate very cleanly- veggies and hard boiled egg for breakfast- grand total of 178 calories. Lunch? Much of the same, add chicken breast, 296 calories. Snack of Cheez-its because hello? Sometimes you need a cheesy crunch and that was 150 calories (I counted them and trusted the box nutritional information!). That's about 650 calories. Based on my current weight, I am "allowed" 1,700 calories a day. So I theoretically have 1,050 calories for dinner.

If I ate that much, I would puke my guts up.

I am looking forward to my Trader Joe's flatbread with ham, gruyere and caramelized onions, don't get me wrong. Add my balsamic glaze (1 tbsp) and that's a whopping 310 calories. Add extra turmeric onions on top- adds 30 calories. So dinner will be 340 calories.

That still leaves me WAY below my goal for the day- and I think that's not ok. I think that may make my body think it's starving. I don't feel hungry, and yet, I still need to provide the appropriate level of nutrients!

This eating healthy shit is hard. I'm confused. I need to get a better handle at incorporating healthy carbs, and lean proteins.

That said, I'm still pretty freaking proud of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment