Monday, March 20, 2017

Well isn't this EXCITING!

Um, well, I broke my rule of two scale days in a row. Glad I did though because I am now down TEN POUNDS. That's a real amount of weight. I know weight fluctuates from day to day and it's ok if tomorrow I get on the scale and it's gone up a smidge. Not going to freak over it.

My point is that if I can do that- anyone can. I have zero willpower and am pretty damn lazy.

Turning point? It's the water. I will preach that until the day I die (which is now getting further and further away- thank goodness) drink half your body weight, in ounces, of water. If I ate a potato chip now (and I LOVE CHIPS) it's too salty and I go YUCK. I am still enjoying some tortilla chips, the healthy grainy ones with my salsa, but that's pretty much my only junky food. Oh, and I had three Hershey's kisses today. Guess what? That's not going to change my course.

I have heard from so many of you, telling me I am inspirational, or whatnot. I am THRILLED that I can be inspirational to others- frankly, I'm just a mom. A single mom, super busy and super focused on my kids. AND I can do that and focus on me more. I don't have to choose. Well, most of the time. Today M refused to go on a walk with me and my lovely neighbor so I left- I said "be back soon!" and you better believe he hightailed it out of the house and joined in. I wouldn't have actually left him home alone, but I had to front like I would. He had a blast, scootered all the way. I had some huffing and puffing moments- with a slight incline. Didn't help that J was "biking" on his trike- which really translates to him sitting on it while I push. At least I moved my body!!!

And seriously people, drink the damn water. I challenge you!

Oh and a delicious recipe if you want to mix up your egg cups in the am-

Saute onions, peppers, tomatoes with some cumin and cayenne. Whisk your eggs with additional cayenne and cumin (or your egg substitute). Pop veg into each muffin cup (that has been sprayed with Pam) and pour eggs in. Top with a small pinch of Mexican blend shredded cheese, and bake at 350 for 15 minutes or until eggs are set. Serve with salsa or fresh avocado!

1 comment: