Saturday, March 18, 2017

One thing ticked off the list...

So, if you follow my blog, you know that I have challenged myself to lose 130 pounds. I'm drinking lots of water- average is between 130-165 ounces a day. Yes, that's safe. Even if I was only awake for ten hours a day, my kidneys can healthily process 300 ounces a day. I'm nowhere near that, so I don't need a lecture on hyponatremia.

After three weeks of a drastically changed diet, I have lost five pounds. I'm not counting the ten I lost of February break. Several people have asked what program I am using- my answer is simple "Ummm, eating less crap?". That's an understatement. I am eating tons of veggies, and lean proteins, and about 60-90g of carbs a day- the crappy processed kind like pretzels, or tortilla chips (I love salsa- have to dip something in it and carrots just don't do it). Keeping an eye on sodium and saturated fats, of course, and sugar. I did really enjoy some watermelon gummy bears yesterday though. I have a bag of Shakeology in my cabinet, and the Pink Drink by Plexus, and some other things around- and haven't used them. I don't know if I will- they kind of scare me.

And that's just it. It's not realistic for me to think that I am never going to have any one food group (carbs!) or treat again. When I go to Ft. Lauderdale, I am going to eat as much crab salsa as I can, and taramosalata, Greek salads, and lots of melitzanosalata. And you know what? I lost ten pounds the last time I was there for five days. Maybe I should eat that stuff MORE.

I'm going to go to Cape May and eat deviled eggs at the Virginia alongside a delicious cocktail. I will surely eat more slices of Louie's Pizza with ricotta and spinach. Lobster is always going to be in my life. I will visit Seafood Sam's on the Cape and thoroughly enjoy my fried food spectacular.

And you know what? That is FINE. The rest of the time I am being very aware of what I put in my body. It's just five pounds, but I'm pretty pleased with myself. I was at a kid birthday party today and yes, I finished my kid's hot dog, and had a handful of popcorn. AND the mama was a smartie pants and had a fabulous veggie platter. I ate a LOT of veggies. I'm going to have a few gals over tonight and wine will be drunk, and I have fresh eggplant dip (no oil, just smoky delicious roasted eggplant blended with garlic), some salsa, and fruit. It will be just as much fun as any other gathering, but a lot healthier.

What is really amazing to me, thus far? The support. From everyone. I always have it from close friends and my family, of course, but people are coming out of the woodwork to help hold me accountable- and I'm grateful, because that is EXACTLY what I need.

So five pounds. 125 to go. I have 552 days!

3 comments:

  1. YES!!!! Have been watching you on Facebook & am utterly impressed with your motivation. I'm cheering you on.... AWESOME!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a wonderful attitude and I love your approach. It's real, smart - and winnable!! So refreshing. This defines healthy to me!
    Alisa

    ReplyDelete