Sunday, March 12, 2017

I'm NOT Broken!

It has been a week since I started tracking all of the things that went into my body- the water (averaging 140 oz a day- above my goal of 135 WOO), the food, the negativity- and while the scale hasn't budged I feel a lot lighter- emotionally lighter.

Things that I have learned this week: (and all recipes will be below)
1. I love turmeric onions. I went through a five pound bag of onions in one week. I put them on everything.
2. My tomato sauce is super low calorie and has no sodium or sugar. And is freaking delicious.
3. I can have an awesome girl's night in with the most delicious dill dip ever made by my new neighbor, who is fantastic and I am so glad she bought Hannah & Pepe's house. The key was using mostly the fresh vegetables to dip in it, and keeping calories way low the rest of the day.
4. Wine has calories. If it's the MOST delicious sangria I have ever had, in the cutest, best designed bottles EVER, every calorie is worth it.
5. I'm not broken, so I'm not going to buy into something that will "fix" me (I heartily dislike that implication, even if whatever program it is focuses on the right things like portion control). Seriously, 19 emails from a variety of companies claiming to be able to "fix" my fat. I don't need glue, kids, I need long term change.
6. Beach Body On Demand does not mean that when you press play you suddenly have a beach body. (c'mon, it said ON DEMAND!)
7. It's too damn cold to go for a walk when it is 12 degrees. Kudos to all the runners I saw out there. Keep on going. Without me.
8. Red egg cookers are adorable and very, very, helpful. It made me the most perfect poached egg this morning, which I thorough enjoyed over a bed of roasted brussel sprouts and eggplant.
9. Be aware when you eat a lot of the red beets. When you use the bathroom you will be fairly sure that you have a tapeworm and are bleeding out.
10. Boobs can glow, given a strong flashlight and some other key things. Don't even ask.

And most importantly, I have surrounded myself with the most incredibly supportive people on the planet. Everyone is asking how they can support me, in real time. I'm grateful, and humbled.

Turmeric Onions

3 sweet onions sliced
1 tbsp olive oil
2-3 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp cumin
1/4-1//2 tsp turmeric

Mix it all together and saute over medium heat until soft and starting to caramelize. Refrigerate. Delicious on salads, with eggs, with a fork....

Healthy Sauce

2 tiny tomato paste cans (I think 6 oz)
2 medium no salt added tomato sauce cans (I used Hunt's- I think 14 oz or so?)
2 large tomato puree cans
Seasonings of your choice- I add Italian seasoning, lots of garlic powder, lots of onion powder, and sometimes a tiny pinch of dill because I am weird. I have also added a bay leave, and removed before serving. If you are adding salt, that will obviously impact your sodium level.

That's it. Toss it in a stock pot and let simmer.

No comments:

Post a Comment