Thursday, January 19, 2012

Mahna mahna...doo doo do doo doo!

I love that Muppets song. The one that gets completely stuck in your head and can't be excised no matter how hard you try. It used to be my text message tone on my phone and my coworkers wanted to throw it against the wall! We had little cute lockers in the staff room and I would shove my purse in there, often forgetting to turn off the ringer. Don't get me wrong, I didn't actually get that many texts, but I got lots and lots and lots of notifications. So "mahna mahna" would go off periodically, and I would get nasty calls on the radio to come turn off my damn phone. These days the songs that haunt me are from shows on Nick Jr., Sprout, and PBS. The Umizoomi theme song is always on repeat in my mind, and if I hear one of the words in daily life, I can't stop- I sing the rest of it. Rather awkward when I'm in the middle of teaching a lesson on capitol punishment. Dinosaur Train, Little Einsteins, and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse are also big favorites. My high schoolers find it pretty funny though when I break into the "Hot Dog" song and dance. I look like an idiot but it's a really snazzy tune. It might be time to start Bubba on School House Rock, however, as I think if I'm going to be stuck singing ridiculous songs all day they may as well tie in with the curriculum!

Uh oh, here's one now..."Conjuction junction, what's your function?".

1 comment:

  1. I love that one- Conjunction junction, what's your function! I too break out singing Hot Dog and other songs, so funny! Keep writing, I enjoy reading...:)

    ReplyDelete