Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Totally cramping my style

I love my job. Honestly, I really do. The kids are great and my coworkers are fabulous. The problem is the actual time commitment. Really, it's having to be focused on ONE activity for an entire forty-five minute period. That's longer than a double episode of Little Einsteins, which is a struggle in itself. And it's the WHOLE DAY. I am in the building, working, from 7 am to 2:30 pm, which is actually pretty awesome. I have time to run errands or what not before I have to be at daycare to gather Bubba and Shrimp. What else could anyone ask for?

1. The ability to pop out for lunch whenever I so desire. Weggie's, Il Forno, nothing fancy, just a leisurely lunch with the mamas. Just once a week is fine!
2. Facebook access. I have missed out on a puzzle due solely to my lack of access. Granted, if I had Facebook access, the kids would too, and that would be horrible. OK, I guess my sanity is a fair trade off for said puzzle. It's just tough not knowing everyone's every move. Reading status' (stati? statuses?) is quite entertaining and rather informative. Now I leave work at 2:30 and have no clue what people have been doing, who has had babies, and where the cluster of mamas is congregating, all of which put me at a social disadvantage.
3. Dead weight hanging off my right leg. It's really rather awkward to walk without Bubba hanging on for dear life or the bucket dangling from my arm. I totally walk crooked, as demonstrated by my repeated walking into the walls in the hallway. 
4. Time outs. My brain needs a break after a little while, and I could totally use some quiet time. Alas, there is no "calm down corner" here. I need to invite that super American nanny into my classroom apparently. 

Well, and perhaps a deal where I just get a paycheck for being me, without requiring much of anything in return.

No comments:

Post a Comment