Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Six vs. a half dozen

Mornings suck. Mondays, Tuesdays- it doesn't really matter. Getting both boys fed, dressed, and in the car in time for mommy to get an extra large coffee is a super challenge. Shower? Not most mornings. To do that I'd have to get up at like 3 am or something ridiculous. Bad enough we're up at 5 am. It totally makes me REALLY jealous of stay at home moms, who can leave the house whenever they have scheduled something to leave the house for. That said, I'm guessing they are jealous that I get to drop off the kids and go off for the day to work. There have been a recent slate of articles debating the value of a stay at home mom versus a working mom, and it's all really bullshit. Moms are ALWAYS working. It doesn't matter, moms are totally on call all day long. Even if we're at work the phone could ring and your kid could be puking and you are out the door. It's always on a day that you are dressed up for some meeting or whatever, which totally bites. Hello, dry cleaner. The middle of the night? Yup, on call. There aren't enough hours in the day to split some off for myself. What I wouldn't give for ONE HOUR to sit and sew. Not clean, no laundry, SEW. I've been doing a lot of that recently, and it's pretty fun. I wind up making a lot of stuff for girls. No need for a therapist to interpret that!

I vote that instead of daylight savings time (for how I really feel about daylight savings time,  check this out) we introduce mommy time. One hour a day that exists in an alternate universe so we can't be interrupted.

No comments:

Post a Comment