Friday, January 13, 2012

Looking back...

So my first blog post, so long ago, was focused around what I was going to accomplish during my maternity leave. Let's review, shall we?


1. Clean the damn floors. With an actual sponge. On my hands and knees. 
I did this! Several times! By hiring a cleaning lady to do it for me!
2. Have a baby, and take pictures. I've been a delinquent photojournalist recently. (maybe this should be first? No, definitely the floors need to be first!!!)
Well, we got off to a rocky start. We had a surprise section so we didn't have a camera for the delivery. Saved by the iPhone.
3.. Get a head start on Jameson's year one scrapbook.
Didn't happen. Not even close. 
4. Take a nap, at least once.
I did it twice!
5. Break the addiction I have to Wegman's sticky buns.
Complete! It also helps that they stopped making them without nuts...
6. Break my addiction to Wegman's in general. Or not. Really, who is it hurting?
Well, it got worse. Way worse. Like every day. Severals trips a day. Lunch regularly enough that I walk in the door and the cashiers swarm over and snag my baby.
7. Hang out with the mamas that I never get to see because work gets in the way.
Yup! Not as much as I wanted but the holidays were a total cramp in my style. 
8. Organize the pantry- using my handy dandy iPhone of course! (there's an app for that, obviously)
Ha. Even the iPhone doesn't make that fun.
9. Go on a hot date with Miles, to see Sesame Street Live! where I will be subjects to wails of "Melmo!! Melmo!!!!", which sounds suspiciously like "mama" these days. Hmm, one and the same? I guess I need to shave my legs.
Saturday!!!
10. Install the attic flooring, hang pictures in the office, dust the heaters, and other domestic things that I will put off until the LAST day of mat leave.
I did put it off. Until never. My dad did the attic floor and I hung some pictures. The cleaning fairy did the rest.
11. Most importantly, revel in mommyhood.
Oh hell yeah!!!

I also did some unplanned things- ate a lot of pasta at Il Forno with some Rockin' Mamas, ran a few New Mom's Groups, went to Jo-Ann's Fabrics pretty regularly (it's just so close to Wegman's!) and had a cookie swap. Oh yeah, and started a business out of my home. I'd say maternity leave was a win.

When do I get my next one?

No comments:

Post a Comment