Tuesday, January 3, 2012

I'm an addict

The term "addiction" gets tossed around a lot, and is totally overused. There are many people in our society who truly have an addiction that impacts their lives greatly, and by no means do my snarky comments intend to lessen that. OK, political correctness aside, I'm totally addicted to several things. My hubs thinks I am addicted to coconut cake, but I beg to differ. I like ALL cake. Thus, not an addiction. I can function without it. However, other things, not so much.

- Flannel is a recent obsession of mine. I even bought some today WITHOUT A COUPON.
- Words With Friends- even when I get my ass handed to me by some of these crazy smart mamas. Shrimp has been sleeping pretty well of late, and as a result, no middle of the night feedings, and I have to say, my game play is suffering. I'm not quite ready to set an alarm to wake me up to take my turn, but it might come to that.
- Pretending to be a doctor. I can't stop reading medScape. I just read a scintillating article of the correlation between gestational diabetes and ADHD. My children are doomed. Granted, they did say that socio-economic status was the third piece of that. I even take the mini-quizzes to see how I do. I really can't stop either. Nobody really cares about the synovial bursal sac, but that's what I'm reading when I should be asleep.
- Facebook, obviously. I don't even need to elaborate.
- Wegman's. Duh.

I wish I could get addicted to better things, like scrubbing my grout with a toothbrush and Bac-Out, or exercising. Even cooking on a regular basis. You know, healthy, normal activities.

Sadly, there just isn't time. I think it's my turn in WWF.

No comments:

Post a Comment