Tuesday, August 6, 2013

That's it! It's time!

TO START HALLOWEEN! Halloween is officially less than three months away, which means it is a socially acceptable time to start creating, RIGHT? I mean, costumes have been in the works for months, but now I can start to get really ready. Glittered pumpkins, witch hats, maybe a few bats? I adore Halloween. Obviously, since I spent countless months of my life working as a costumer, it just fits. I just made a freaking adorable purple. black, and orange glittered "BOO" door hanger. It's my pride and joy, and I can't wait to hang it up. That has to wait until September though, for the record. I can prepare, but I can't decorate quite yet. This year I am having a Monster Mash brunch for J's little pals, and I am SO EXCITED. Can't you tell? I have recipes at the ready, and have been stalking the Market Basket (don't tell Weggie's, but they have better prices on a few things!) circulars and stocking up on the necessities- like purple, black and orange sprinkles. You can't make cookies without them. This year I am also going to have a photo booth with costumey accessories so the munchkins can take silly pictures. Yes, that is what two year olds are into, RIGHT? I think it will be adorable- I am using a wardrobe box with cutouts so the mamas can shoot through with their cameras, and it will have a little sparkly star curtain. Afterwards, I am sure the boys will turn it into a rocket ship or something with less panache. I haven't figured out goodie bags yet- I know it's not a birthday party but I think a little something would be cute...perhaps personalized trick or treat bags? Brunch is in mid-October, so then I will have some time to recharge and gear up for the big day- we have our neighborhood set, and the menu is planned (um, pizza- it's not too hard to figure that out); the orange solo cups are ready for action.

Gah, I read this and realize I might be the biggest wacko out there. It doesn't really matter though, because it's going to be awesome, and everyone who reads this and says "wow, this bird is NUTS" is totally going to go gaga over the photo booth pictures!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment