Friday, August 2, 2013

Superheroes & Raging Mama Baer

So my son who is almost four LOVES superheroes. To the point that everyone in the family has a cape, complete with their initials, appliqued on them. Too bad that Edna from the Incredibles thinks that capes are dangerous. Don't care. Love capes. My boy wears his cape regularly, and fairly often to school. At the moment, he is very into Batman and is convinced that he will be Batman when he grows up. WHICH HE WILL. Another little girl said to him today (in front of me) "you can't be Batman when you grow up because he isn't real". Before my Mr. M could lose it I was all "Oh no you are WRONG. Miles CAN be Batman when he grows up if HE WANTS TO BE!" No, I am not delusional. I know that superheroes do not walk among us. However, what do superheroes represent? Someone willing to fight for what is right. Help others. Fight for the underdog. If those are the qualities a superhero needs, then hell yes, my kid will be one.

Step off, three year old girl. Don't go crushing my boy's dreams. Granted, as an adult, I probably could have reacted a bit more maturely.

No comments:

Post a Comment