Monday, August 12, 2013

Dear Vacation...

This summer has been ridiculous. I've kicked hubs out. Going through divorce proceeding. Baby J had surgery. I got to spend way too much time at Children's hospital. My boss quit. My house produced enough trash and refuse to fill a dumpster. I built a playroom. I started renovating my soul. My hair is now on it's second stage of serious blonde. Bottom line, it's been quite a summer. Our first vacation had to be cancelled to deal with the after effects of hub removal. J hasn't been able to swim, or play in the water. Work has been all consuming. Well, vacation starts tomorrow at an ungodly hour. We're schlepping to the airport to get on a SPIWIT jet according to Mr. M to go to Lali and Grampy's Garden House. For those not familiar with M's way of labeling, it's the beach house, in Cape May, a teeny tiny city on the southernmost tip of New Jersey. It's a national historic landmark city, and is so far from the Jersey Shore of MTV it's ludicrous. Highest concentration of Michelin stars and tremendous Zagat ratings though- and my favorite place on earth. I love it even more than Disney World. My soul can breathe there. It's whole. There is sun, and boats, and water, and really great hot dogs...and most importantly, Lali and Grampy. Thank goodness because I am putting A LOT of pressure on this vacation. It needs to step up it's game. The boys and I are ready for digging in sand, eating tuna melts pool side, and drippy ice cream cones. We're going on a real live pirate (dolphin & whale watch) ship!!!

But first, I need to wake up at 4:30 am. That's the only rough spot- once that's dealt with, bring on PERFECTION. Or at least, 24 minutes of quiet time on the beach.

2 comments:

  1. Your summer sounds entirely too much like mine. In every way. Instead of Cape May, I retreat to Nantucket to escape from it all, but otherwise, exactly the same. I feel your pain. Cheers to a reprieve and a well-deserved and much-needed vacation!

    ReplyDelete