Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Acceptance

To be happy is probably the desire of most people- and yet, so many struggle with finding their "true happiness". Honestly, I think that's a load of horseshit. If you can't discover the happiness in your life then you need to re-examine what it is that makes you happy. When I was about 13 I started saying "life is fate, yet even fate is what you make of it." Plato, I was not. What I was, however, was an optimistic kiddo. If you have unrealistic expectations of what your life is going to be, then you might be pretty pissed off. However, if you embrace it, you can find peace and true happiness. My kitchen is rarely clean, my kids don't get tubs everyday, and I am certainly not a painter represented in the National Gallery. That's cool. Dreams change. Realities change. The Jones' keep hiring a new goddamn landscaper, so yes, their grass really is greener. You know what? That is a-ok with me. I love my boys. I love my parents. I love my job. I love my friends. My family might not meet the criteria for acceptance into the Nuclear Family 101 symposium, but really, who gives a rat's rear end? My boys are smart, loving, empathetic, creative, and joyous. I am in the process of finding a balance between "me" and "mom-me". That's all I can ask for.

And I am at peace with that, and accept it for what it is- and am truly thankful and happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment