Monday, July 8, 2013

I want MORE

I just had dinner. It was three pieces of hot dog. OFF THE FLOOR. Granted, they were organic turkey dogs- but I was struck by the realization that I want MORE. I want to not feel guilty sitting down to a peaceful meal...to not feel like these seconds were enough. Just because I am a mother doesn't mean I get relegated to third place (if I only had one kid, second place). Then I got mad. I want MORE. I want to be strong. I want to be tough. I want to be respected. I want to continue to be independent. I want a lot of things. Thus my bucket list was born.

1. Exercise enough so that I can play tennis with my 60+ mother.
2. Do one of those crazy mud filled obstacle course things without worrying what my ass looks like.
3. Have my family eat the same meal each night.
4. Run one mile. Without stopping, and without dying.
5. Hike at least one small portion of the Appalachian Trail with my Sara.
6. Do the Avon Three Day breast cancer walk.
7. Donate to Locks of Love.
8. Go skydiving.
9. Go parasailing.
10. Show my children the Grand Canyon.
11. Be fiscally responsible enough to take the boys on a European vacation, again, with Sara.
12. Spend a (short!) vacation solo at a resort in the Caribbean.
13. Play golf in a manner that is not super embarassing.
14. Take a train cross country with my mom, JB, and the boys.
15. Go to PEI and be like Anne of Green Gables.
16. Catch a baby.
17. Become an EMT.
18. Learn to sail.
19. Rock climb. Just a small wall, but one with actual rocks not day-glow footholds.
20. Be published, in something, on some topic.

There are more, but these are the things that keep coming up!!! Oh, and eat a dinner off a plate!

1 comment:

  1. Love it! I don't know why you have to eat the same meal every night though...

    ReplyDelete