Sunday, July 21, 2013

Food, glorious food...

So when I started this blog, I was thinking it would be more recipes and such since I'm a serious foodie. However, it morphed in something totally different. That's fine and all, but bottom line, I'm a foodie at heart. GOOD food. Not to say I don't love some Cheetos now and again, but I really like homemade, real ingredient food. Like pesto. JB loves my pesto. He literally will eat it with a spoon which is quite a boost to the home chef's ego. The past week my parents have been visiting to help with the boys, and the surgery, and lots of other things. I am more grateful than I can ever put into words. One thing that I CAN describe though, is the feeling I get when I make a meal for people who truly appreciate it (and clean up afterward)! Last night we had caprese towers over bruschetta, and shrimp, pesto, and roasted tomato fettucini. For dessert, watermelon and pineapple with a lime mint honey reduction. Yum. Tasty. I thought it was yummy, of course, but it was made ten times better feeding it to people that liked it! I love to try new marinades, sauces, and recipes, but without a receptive audience, it's kind of lame. My kids still might be chowing on chicken nuggets, but the rest of us are in foodie heaven!!!

1 comment:

  1. You are a really good cook. While I have only had your Pinteresty yummy baked creations I bow to you. I wish I could bake! Your dinner last night sounds lovely. Maybe I will teach you to make homemade mozzarella.... :)

    ReplyDelete