Thursday, March 28, 2013

Why yes, just for the weekend!

Ok so tomorrow is Good Friday, which for many people means religious services and whatnot. For me, it means THREE DAY WEEKEND!!!! Heck yeah. And yes, I am going to Florida. And yes, just for the weekend. You know why? My kids think waking up and getting on a plane is kind of normal. I'd like to keep it that way. It makes weekend getaways and quick trips totally worth it. Mr. M is a champion traveler. We approach security and he's already taking out his shoes and saying "where are the liquids Mommy!!!". We've got this down, which is good. Because it's still cold here. It's not spring in New England and I have had ENOUGH. Screw this Sh&^. I want to wear flip flops and capris (which are more like full length pants on me because I am so damn short) and stop stuffing my kids into coats and hats every morning at 6 am for the schlep to preschool/daycare. I am going to Florida. There is sun. There is a beach. More importantly? There is a Lali and a Grampy. This means there is a facial for mommy, food from the good Greek restaurant, a drink (or two!) at Martini Madness, and perhaps some silence- in a cabana- on the ocean. Bring it. I am ready. Hell, at this stage of the never ending antibiotic riddled winter I will just take three days without amoxicillin.

The warm sand and sunkissed skin is just an added bonus.

No comments:

Post a Comment