Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Prius' Make Me Giggle

First of all, I THINK the plural of Prius is Prius' but I might be wrong. It's cool, call grammar foul and stop reading. Really though, when I see a Prius I crack up. Mostly inside, sometimes out loud. It's awkward. I know a lot of really great people that drive them, and my laughing is not related to them. Yes, they are way better for the environment and I think that's admirable. As I fill my huge SUV up with gas, I get it. It is just indicative to me of all the things that were so cutting edge but are now passe. Like vaccines. I mean, c'mon? Who DOESN'T know who Jonas Salk was? Vaccines rock. I love them. It's one of the few topics I will fight with Lee Press-on Nails over. That said, I DO know people who choose to not use them. I still like those people, and even hang out with them, but never discuss the "V" word with them. I'm not stupid. I like having friends. Or cloth diapers...or formula...or carseats... when I was a kid my mom put a playpen in the trunk of the station wagon and let me play in there during long car trips. Formula was a modern miracle of science. Disposable diapers? Cutting edge. Now, everything old is new again- and it just reminds me that trying to be hip or cool is just a waste because the definition changes so quickly. Besides, I am WAY cool. I like disposable diapers, formula, vaccines, and drive a gas guzzler. Oh, and hate recycling. And that's OK, because (most) people don't care, and are my friends because of my funny quips and yummy recipes (or maybe just my ability to buy good wine) but might secretly be really jealous of my cloth "paper" towel & tissue stash. I'm not a complete a$#hole.

I mean really, c'mon. I drive an SUV. I have to save that $ somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment