Monday, March 18, 2013

Babies & Snow

Babies rock. My friends have had (as of TODAY!!!) two beautiful little ones in the past two months. A girl and a boy. It makes my uterus twitch. That is, until I am jolted back to reality by the screaming in the family room. Don't get me wrong, I ADORE my sons. They are my reason for getting up in the morning, blah. blah, blah, etc. Really though, I yearn for the "playing together" stage. I am all done with the "I am going to beat up my brother and pretend I don't understand" stage from the three year old. He loves his brother, of course. Right now though, shoving over the new walker is far more entertaining. At the moment I have a three year old on my left and the one year old on my right, both crying. Really? Enough. Which brings me to tomorrow. And the SNOW. ICE. HELL. Yes, this is New England. And yes, I am still going to bitch about the snow. I had a yard last week. With lawn furniture. My kids played outside. It was in a nutshell, amazing. And now, we have another "weather event" upon us. We have a new drinking game here- "which district will fold first?" I am already going to school until the end of June so I am ALL FREAKING SET. I want to have days off when it's warm, sunny, and most importantly, my kids are AT SCHOOL. I am not a complete idiot. If the roads are bad, I am not driving them to school/daycare. It's not worth it. Again, I love my kids. And my sanity. Right now however they are mutually exclusive. We are DONE with winter, DONE with antibiotics (well, in five more days), DONE with being inside, and DONE with snow days. Snow days aren't fun anymore. I thumb my nose at them. Goodbye. Sayonara. Arrivederci. SCRAM. My three year old is BEGGING for the pool, and the beach. Buddy, mommy too. We leave next Friday. Counting down the actual minutes.

Sigh. On that note, I did stop at the packie to get wine- I may be a transplant but I know how winter storms go. As long as we don't lose cable we should survive.

No comments:

Post a Comment