Sunday, November 4, 2012

Wahoo! Or not?!

So recently this weird thing has happened- I lost almost twenty pounds since the spring and am pretty damn close to my wedding weight. I am guessing it's a diet of caffeine and no sleep but whatever, I'll take it. I fit in my PRE-MILES JEANS. This is awesome. It's fabulous. I can even button them and LEAVE them buttoned when sitting down! However, and here's the kicker- they are not so much fashion forward. They're a fashion rewind. I would never think that jeans go out of style, but oh, they do. I wore them last week and my very stylish homeroom of all girls (yeah, 7:45 to 8:05 am every day is like backstage at fashion week- they swap clothes, put on makeup, take it off, try to do it again, and then finally ask me to do it- before the boys walk into first period English Lit) and they called me OUT. "Um, Baer-boo (which is apparently my nickname this year- last year was Baer-YO) what decade are you dressed up as? I thought decade day (spirit week...sigh) was tomorrow?" Honestly I thought I looked fine but apparently they are the wrong "wash". Too eighties. C'mon, the only thing these kids know about the 80's is potentially eighty year old people! Can I call them out for wearing skin tight pants with "PINK" emblazoned on their bums? Those are HIDEOUS. Yoga pants, girls, yoga pants are where it's at.

With pearls.

No comments:

Post a Comment