Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Food, Glorious Food! Thanksgiving Style...

I love to cook. If you asked me five years ago what I would be doing at 2:30 in the morning Thanksgiving day, it WASN'T glazing a turkey and checking on pulled pork. Over the past year, I have been evolving- I am a better mother, daughter, and friend than I was... I get what matters, and have given up trying to expand my circle of control. I can only be who I am, and do what I can. Cooking has been a big part of that. When I couldn't sleep, I experimented with relishes, chutneys, and sauces. When the kids were bouncing off the walls, we baked (little kids are quite good at kneading dough)! As a result, I am a far better chef than I was in the past. Yes, I can still rock out some amazing mac and cheese- with goat cheese and caramelized onions, of course. I still resort to a quick meal for myself- but I can also create masterpieces.

Luckily, I know a lot of people that like good food, and don't have the time or energy to create it themselves. That's where I come in, and how Mama Bee Kitchen Coaching was born. I have SO MUCH FUN teaching other mamas (and a few dads!) some tricks in the kitchen. Now that the holidays are here full force, I am so enjoying being a part of THREE families' Thanksgiving- I make it, they eat it. I am not a "real" caterer- or a "real" chef, but when people want home cooked, they are calling me. The families I am cooking for this Thanksgiving are SO different and it's been a blast developing their menus! Since I love food (have you seen my ass? This is like a DUH statement) I wanted to share the menus with you...


Family One: Pescetarian Delight

Carrot, Sweet Potato and Ginger bisque
Oysters, Shrimp Cocktail, and Hot Crab Dip
Spinach Spoonbread
Roasted Root Vegetables with Cranberries and Walnuts
Mashed Potatoes
Spinach & Strawberry Salad
Roasted Garlic Brussel Sprouts
Balsamic Glazed Salmon
Pumpkin Pie
Pecan Pie

Family Two: Traditions, Traditions!

Brie, Caramelized Onions & Fig Tartlets
Mashed potatoes
Spinach Spoonbread
Squash Casserole
Simon & Garfunkel stuffing: Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme!
Cranberry Orange Relish
Challah turkey
Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Turkey, brined and glazed with a mustard maple sauce
Mustard Maple Reduction 
Traditional Gravy
Asparagus with Balsamic glaze
Coconut Cream Pie
Chocolate Toffee Trifle

Family Three: Down Home, Baby AKA Thanksgiving? How About FOOTBALL?

Onion and Bacon Pinwheels
Brisket Bruschetta
Buffalo Chicken Dip
Spinach Spoonbread
Cornbread
Sweet Potato pudding (savory)
Pulled Pork
Trio of BBQ sauces: Balsamic, North Carolina, and Brown Sugar
Roasted Corn, Peppers, and Tomato salad
Mashed potatoes
Green Bean Casserole
Bacon & Onion Stuffing
Goat Cheese Mac with Caramelized Shallots & Bacon
Pumpkin Pie
Pecan Pie
Grasshopper Pie

So from my multiple families to yours- go play in the kitchen. Experiment! Enjoy the process! Expect to toss ten versions of bread before you hit on the right one. 

And seriously, pass the gravy.



No comments:

Post a Comment