Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Yes, I am thankful...

And no, I'm not boycotting Turkey day, at least, not completely. I am fully prepared to spend the holiday WITHOUT the two things I am most thankful for- M & J. They will be with their father, and yes, I think I can handle it. And by handle it, I mean cater three family meals, bake countless pies, scrub the house, volunteer, and possibly sit down to a turkey sandwich. I have no dearth of invitations- I am certainly not unwelcome, even if I will be alone, by choice. I will have my Thanksgiving- in a week, with my parents, and that's going to be Thanksgiving. I am not constrained by some stupid calendar.

Screw it, I will make my own dang Thanksgiving. I created life, and therefore, I think I can whip up a holiday any freaking day I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment