Saturday, December 14, 2013

I wasted SO MUCH TIME.

Yes, when I was single, or even married, and childless, I just frittered away time. I have no clue what I did, but I was always up to date on Grey's and CSI. I think I must have just had numerous leisurely lunches. Now that I am a mama to two, I don't even know what I did with myself. Tonight is my big boy's first sleepover at his daddy's. He was so upset this morning- and it broke my heart.  Little baby J is back with me, and has reveled in singleton status, if just for a few hours. The first thing he did was search the house for "brudder". When he didn't find him, he made a beeline to the toys that big brother always hogs. His squeals of glee were hysterical! Dinner, a tubby, and a snuggle later, he's in bed. NOW WHAT? Little J helped me clean up from dinner, so that's done. Toys are picked up, kitchen floor washed. Gifts wrapped. Several gifts sewn. SO NOW WHAT DO I DO???? It's only 7:57 pm. Do I just go to sleep? About twenty minutes ago Mr. J got pretty cranky so I went to check on him. No big deal, blankie overboard. When I returned blankie to the crib I got the standard "Gank you mommy!". Thank you is totally his favorite phrase right now- and I love it. But Mr. J kept talking. "I wub you mommy! Hug?" Um, hell yes. As I sobbed into his luscious little curls, I couldn't believe that my baby was grown up enough to say that. J reminded me of the task at hand, and started fighting his way out of the hug requesting "Cwibbie night night! DOWN!". What can I say, he's a sleeper. That was the highlight of my evening, but remember, it's barely 8 pm. Now what the hell do I do with myself?

Oh wait, I know, glitter everything standing still.

No comments:

Post a Comment