Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Tidings of comfort and joy...

Yes, that's a lyric from a Christmas carol. Yes, I am listening to exclusively Christmas music. And yes, I know it is only November. My house is decked out- the tree is up, the mantle is dressed, the garlands are decorated. AND I AM OK WITH THAT. The rest of the world seems to not be though. Frankly, I don't really care. Christmas makes me happy. I like being happy. My boys like being happy too. Our house smells yummy, and is full of happy sounds. I am that person that started decorating for Halloween in September as well. People can bite me. I like Halloween. Why should we only get to enjoy the decorations for a month? I want more! Same with Christmas. As a child, we left our Christmas tree up and decorated for several years, with no interruption. It was comforting. Sometimes I would plug the lights in and do my homework by twinkly light in March. Honestly, I see no reason to confine the joy of Christmas to just one month- why can't we enjoy it longer? The malls are already decorated, and I love it. People just seem nicer. Granted, the whole crazy holiday shopping scene can bite me- no body has time for that- and that's why we have Amazon Prime. It's not about what you buy or give, but the laughter, family time, lights, and happiness of the holidays. So yeah, my house is blinged out. There is glitter floating through the air.

And I am so ok with that, as it really does bring tidings of comfort and joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment