Monday, February 25, 2013

Disney

So I just got back from almost a week at Disney. I know there are people that think it's overrated, over priced, not worth it until the kids are x years old, but not me. I LOVE DISNEY WORLD. Seriously, it's my happy place. As a child I think the first time I went I was about twelve. There is a picture of me wearing one of my mom's "Wild Wilson Women" t-shirts from her prep school days (GO NORTHFIELD! WAHOO!) and am standing next to my grandmother looking none too pleased. I was petrified of the stupid characters, and not terribly thrilled with much. I was probably a huge pain in the ass. I matured, however, and came to love the freedom that Disney represented- I could be out and about, safely, alone in my later teen years. That Disney bus thing is genius. As long as I could get back to Dixie Landings I was a-ok (for you newbies that is now Port Orleans Riverside- stupid PC movement)! Epcot enthralled me, and it still does. Fast forward way too many years, and now I get to go with my boys AND my parents. Hello, PERFECTION! There is no where I would rather travel to- well, except for maybe Cape May. We stay at Art of Animation now, and it's great. I spend A LOT of time in the Magic Kingdom, and that's great too. Different, but great. Every time we go I am reminded of how lucky I am. I have been able to create wonderful memories there with my parents and grandparents, and now my boys get to do the same. It's an amazing feeling.

Creating those memories is priceless, and I wouldn't trade those moments for anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment