Saturday, February 9, 2013

Fish sticks for dinner!

OK, so we had Nemo. And I'm blogging which means my neighborhood HAS POWER! More amazingly than that, we NEVER LOST IT. If anyone knows me, you know that we bought a house in the single most powerless neighborhood in town. Houses are really spaced out, which means the power company gets way more bang for it's buck to bring other areas back on the grid first. Touche! Anyhoo, we got 28.3 inches of snow according to my handy dandy yardstick. That's an assload of snow. When I was in grade 12 back in good ole' New Jersey, a major storm was predicted, but I was with my family is sunny Ft. Lauderdale. Me, being a complete IDIOT, insisted on flying back BEFORE the storm. I got to stay in National Park with my dear friend Krista and her family, and I was thrilled. Then it snowed. I think maybe 18 inches or so? I don't really remember. I do remember missing school for A WEEK. Snowmobiles to get to the Heritage Farms for milk. Me borrowing her dad's full body Carhartt snowsuit so we could go out and play for like twelve seconds. It was AWESOME. If I was a drinker at 17 it probably would have been a lot different, but it was great. When I look back on high school, those memories are probably my favorite. I love my Oldts- we had some awesome times... Fast forward to right now. Those 28.3 inches. State of Emergency. Driving ban in effect (complete with one year prison time AND $500 fines. And yet, you call my local pizza place? "Thanks for calling (insert town name) house of pizza will that be pickup or delivery?" Yep, that's how we roll. My neighbors are like 85 and their deck, front steps, AND driveway are pristine. Like, they used a blowdryer. Granted, my driveway is looking pretty amazing after three and a half hours of shoveling wearing the baby on my back. Toddlers are handy with a shovel, just sayin'. (note: baby was actually napping but y'know being all ATTACHMENT PARENT and all it just sounds better!) There might still be a driving ban in effect, but I could get anywhere I needed to go (and no, Mom, I'm not stupid enough to go anywhere- UNLESS the wine box becomes empty) and the pizza place can still deliver.

So take that, Nemo- with tartar sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment