Saturday, May 17, 2014

Roasted Garlic & Tomato Jam

Today wound up being beautiful- but I only figured that out AFTER doing a massive market trip in order to fill my freezer, and amuse the boys. They like cooking, thankfully, and M is actually getting some skills! It was just so sunny and lovely I started out with the Roasted Garlic & Tomato jam, which is my favorite topping for a sandwich, burger, or with brie. It's even lovely in a baked brie.

So here it is- my most delicious jam EVER. Yeah, well, don't tell that I only make one.

2 pints cherry or grape tomatoes
2 heads of garlic, roasted
1 tsp kosher salt
1/2 cup light brown sugar
Instant fruit pectin (1/2 packet)
Freezer canning jars (they're plastic, and I use the 8 oz size)


To make about 3 cups, use a blender or food processor to pulse together the tomatoes, the roasted cloves of 2 heads of garlic (wrap them in foil and bake at 325°F for about an hour until soft and lightly caramelized), and 1 teaspoons Kosher salt. Mix the pectin with the brown sugar. Stir into tomato mixture, and spoon into jars. Make sure you pay attention to the fill line! Pop into the freezer and pull out when you need a taste of summer!




No comments:

Post a Comment