Monday, May 26, 2014

Easy Baked Sandwiches

Ok, so I NEVER have bread. It's something that just escapes my capability- but I always have crescent rolls. I use the store brand, or Pillsbury, but I know that Immaculate Baking Company makes a more organic version. Here's a recipe for an easy peasy baked sandwich that once chilled and sliced is excellent for school lunches, picnics, and the like.

2 packages crescent rolls
1 container lunch meat (I get the Wegman's smoked turkey in the package, as it's more cost effective)
Turkey pepperoni or bacon (pre-cooked)
Sliced or shredded cheese (any kind- I've done cheddar and swiss; colby jack and gouda)
Roasted Garlic & Tomato Jam

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray the bottom of a baking dish (mine is about 8 x 12) with cooking spray. Use one package of crescent rolls to cover the bottom. Layer cheese/meat/tomato jam/meat, and top with more cheese. There's no real rules to this. I have also added in pickled onions, roasted red peppers, and whatever I am in the mood for. Top with the other container of crescent rolls, trying to smush down the edges. I almost tuck them down towards the bottom crust along the sides. Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove foil, and bake another 20 minutes. Allow to set, then cut and enjoy! Great cold too!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment