Friday, October 26, 2012

Halloween Vomits

Halloween has puked on my entire life. It's a side effect from having Halloween being canceled last year due to the happenings of Snowtober- and then we had a freakin' Snowpocalypse. It was ugly, really ugly (for proof, read this) and Halloween was totally ruined. I was also incredibly pregnant and lazy- decorated NOTHING, made no costumes, and was a general failure as a mother and Halloween aficionado. I swore this year was going to be different- I would actually be prepared for my kid's birthday parties (so far I am one for one!!!), I would decorate, I would get the tree up for the holidays (oh and take down the garland and Christmas lights from LAST year), and bake. So far, I've been pretty on task. My house, car, classroom, and brain look like Halloween ate mass quantities of pumpkins, bats, ghosts, witches, and candy corn- and then upchucked. My children have not one, but TWO homemade Halloween hats- numerous shirts, socks, pajamas sporting pumpkins, and multiple costumes (only one of which I made by hand). I am currently running a sweatshop producing tutus as well. I taught myself to crochet hats just so that my children could have (im)perfect pumpkin hats. I can't size things well so it's like a pumpkin patch of hats- even Goldilocks could find one that fit. Instead of learning how to make the right size, I just kept making them until one fit everybody. Yeah, stay tuned for an etsy sale. I can see the listing now "Hideous Handmade Hats- One Size Fits Somebody Somewhere". That's going to head to regretsy RIGHT away! We have carved pumpkins, painted pumpkins, dropped pumpkins, eaten pumpkin cookies, cake, pie, seeds, coffee, and bread.

This morning the peppermint mocha made it's initial appearance at Dunkin. Thank God. I am pumpkin'ed out. Not sure what the hell I am going to do November 1st- maybe move on to Christmas?

No comments:

Post a Comment