Thursday, February 9, 2012

Are we there yet?

That phrase is most commonly associated with long car journeys, but I have totally adopted it as a daily mantra. Are we there yet? Is is Friday yet? Is it vacation yet? I feel a lot like I am stuck on a hamster wheel and everything just keeps spinning. Really, maybe it's time to stop the world, I want to get off! Maternity world was so nice and relaxed- this working thing is making my life completely frenetic. I have to plan a trip to get groceries several days in advance or else it just doesn't happen. I have learned that I can get both children out of the house in about seven minutes, from bed to car. Granted, at least one child is still in their jammies, but I would say that is still a win. Maybe if I stopped oversleeping it wouldn't be as much of a problem! Morning is just SO EARLY. I think that kids should go to school from noon to five instead- then I could spend the morning actually being productive.

Until then, I'm going to stick to "are we there yet"?

No comments:

Post a Comment