Monday, April 8, 2013

Oh no he didn't!

So my kid threw sand today. At one of his friends. Now, what the hell do you do? It was at school so obviously I didn't do anything. His teacher did- she pulled him aside and talked to him about it. At first, like Mr. M has the tendency to do, he laughed, giggled, and pulled the cute schtick. And then got a little verklempt. A few tears. As well he should. I was not happy at pick up to learn he was unkind to others, but hell, he's three. This shit happens. I was incredible please with how they handled it. C'mon, it's so hard to reprimand your own kid. They do this cute thing and you're done. Kudos to preschool teachers unswayed by adorableness. That's exactly how I want my kids' preschool teachers to be. We watched the movie "Bully" in Psychology today and it breaks my heart- how can children get to middle school aged without knowing right from wrong? And then I remembered my own kids- we can be blinded by our unbridled love for them. In that sense, I am so grateful that I am not their only teacher of they way they need to navigate the world!!!

Really, if the preschool teachers could just move in with me, I'd appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment