Monday, April 23, 2012

Vacation? What's that?

I like to be busy. A day where I have nothing planned is pretty annoying and I wake up irritated. Vacation is no different- when we go to Disney I want to DO stuff! I walk more at Disney then I probably do the entire rest of the year combined. By the time the 10 pm Spectro Magic parade starts, I'm  exhausted! It's worth it though. And yes, I take my two year old. He loves it. I figure he has the rest of his life to sleep. This past vacation week was no different, aside from the fact that daycare was closed. And hubby was at work, A LOT. And we now have TWO kids. So I stacked our schedule- no fewer than two events per day. We went to Davis Farmland- twice. The Mystic Aquarium, Il Forno, Dean Park- too many times to count. Swim class, playdates, shopping- I made sure we were BUSY. By Sunday evening I was completely exhausted, but it was well worth it. All three of us survived vacation, and actually enjoyed it!!!!! Going to work this morning was pretty amazing though- in the car by 6:40- coffee, ATM, and daycare by 7:10, work at 7:30. Ok, I was a bit late- 7:33.

You know what? My forty-plus high schoolers are way easier than my two munchkins. Apparently work has become mommy's vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment