Sunday, May 10, 2015

Mother's Day, and other such things...

Today is MOTHER'S DAY!!!!! Otherwise known as soccer Sunday, laundry day, pack lunches for the week day, and a general day of misery that the weekend is almost over. I think we should move Mother's Day to Saturday, personally- but that's just me. As an avid FB'er, I was trying to figure out what moving tribute I could post to recognize my mom, and I just couldn't come up with anything that truly encompasses what I want to say. So I'll resort to the extra long "status update" AKA my blog.

So, my mom:

She's stunningly beautiful, obviously, and unfortunately, I look nothing like her. Damnit. She's the best friend I will ever have, and the most amazing Lali my children could ever dream of.



Most importantly, she taught me how to be a mother- y'all know how much I love my lists, so here is a list, obviously not all-inclusive, of things I have learned.

1. Aprons are your friend, wear them.
2. It's never too late to change your path.
3. If you're going to sweat, look good doing it.
4. Recognize the beauty around you, in the everyday.
5. It's ok to make a mess, but make sure you clean it up.
6. Always have a really fabulous lip gloss in your purse, just in case.
7. It's always better to do for others than for yourself.
8. Kindness is more important than pretty much anything else.
9. Wallpaper can be amazing, if it's the right one.
10. Don't touch the white couch.

I think the most important thing is that family doesn't have to be blood- you get to choose who holds special places in your life- sometimes they're family, sometimes they are friends, but family is what you decide it should be.

Oh yeah, and that even though it's not always pretty, it's always amazing to be a mom!


Happy Mother's Day to my mom, and my mamas- and Kelly Clarkson is correct- my life would suck without you.

No comments:

Post a Comment